Adult Credit Diploma Program
Any Adult Credit Diploma provider in Connecticut can participate in the CT AVHS program as long as they have received training and have designated staff to fulfill the roles of:
Any student in a participating Adult Ed Center can take a CT AVHS Course as long as they meet the following criteria:
- Are enrolled in a CT Adult Credit Diploma program and have successfully completed at least one on ground course
- Have reviewed and meet the System Requirements for Blackboard System use
- Have successfully completed the Orientation to Online Learning course (recommended)
- Have met with a local academic counselor, reviewed and agreed to terms of the student weekly activities list.
The CT Adult Virtual High School is pleased to make available an online GED Prep Course for use at the CT Adult Education local education agencies that offer the GED as long as they have received training and have designated staff to fulfill the roles responsibilities.
- Access your own local version as a self-paced, a la carte option for GED study and enroll students as your program sees fit with the following recommendations:
- Suggested scaled scores of 235 in Reading and 225 in Mathematics on the most recent CASAS assessment.
- Comfort with the use of a computer, online Orientation to Online Learning suggested.
- Face to face supplemental support as is needed.
A local Online Learning Coordinator
is responsible for enrolling their students in the GED Prep courses and dropping them from the courses when they are finished. Any student that remains inactive for two weeks from a course with limited seating will be dropped by the CT AVHS administrators.
- Once per year in August all students will be removed from the courses as part of a system maintenance process. Any student that is still working can be re-enrolled as is needed.
- Review the System Requirements for use of the CTDLC Blackboard System.
Training is available on an as-needed basis, for both current and new providers. Please contact Carolyn Caggiano 860-515-3717 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.